Friday, May 9, 2014

Hi everyone,

This month I have been playing with the latest  A piece of cake designs Main kit.



I love the versatility of this kit as at first glance it appears quite masculine.
So I wanted to challenge myself to creating a page that had a more feminine, yet fun
and young page.

So this is my first layout to share with you ......
I have chosen a paper from the kit and used a sewing machine
to sew a swirl effect as my background
I have cut pieces from other pieces of papers in the kit to place
under my photo. I then applied some acrylic paint and 
some watercolour paint to my background.
I used the paper with triangles all over it
to cut out various triangles keeping in mind my color scheme.

I also used some cut out card stock circles from my stash of card stock and added
some spotted washi tape. 

I LOVED the piece of vellum with the stars all over it and used it to cut
out some circles to add to my background.
Another thing I LOVED abot this kit were the awesome black stickers!!
I have used the film strip, one of the cameras and the insta lovin title!
Totally easy and really effective!!
I tried to use the scrabble type letters on this page and it 
didn't work so I used a Heidi Swapp Stamp instead
and coloured the letters in with some brush watercolour markers.
But don;t worry, I found a use for the scrabble letters on a another
layout which I will share next time!!

Thanks for looking, Eb x


4 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love those stitched circles! They really draw the eye in...& all that lovely bg work...yum! Gorgeous page:):)

Debbi Tehrani said...

SUCH a cool page! Loving the sitched circles and all those awesome details in the background. Really neat how you did the title!

Randi Elisabeth said...

I like the sewing, the use of paint and I just love all your bits and pices. Nice colours :)

Flutterby Designs said...

LOVE IT!!!!!