Thursday, April 17, 2014

I used PURPLE!!!!

Ok, I have a confession to make.... I hate the colour purple! BUT this kit has made me change my mind!!



I actually loved using it! This kit had a mix of beautiful colours, yellows, purples, greys, aqua and even red. I LOVED putting these layouts together and I even used lot's of paper on one layout!
Here is the first of my layouts....

This layout started off by using the chevron patterned papers which inspired my use of colours here.
I used some yellow paint on some white cardstock mixed with some blue paint with the Teresa Collins Heart stencil from the kit to create my background. Add in some machine stitching, various washi tapes from my own stash and some stamping.
I added the cut out camera and a cherry flair to be released soon :) along with some sticker elements from the sticker sheet in the kit.
The title was created tracing the letters from the Teresa Collins alphabet stencil and coloured in with a green Faber Castell gelato.


Close up of the camera cut out.


This next layout  was the first of my "purple " layouts and pushed me out of my comfort zone!

I began by selecting a range of papers from the kit that included purples, yellows and a bit of  tangerine in them. I tore and cut these papers and layered until i was happy. I then took the alphabet stencil and coloured over it with a yellow gelato.  ( you could spray with mist or use paint ). I then sprayed it with water and used it like a stamp over my papers on my background. 

I then sewed over my papers and added some stencils, stamping and some washi tapes. 
My title is from the kit which I loved! It makes me want to buy a silhouette for myself!
I also once again added a new flair to be released soon, and some of the gorgeous sequins .



Until next time, Eb x

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

LOL...you & me both...& I got these papers to work with for Scrap365...I almost DIED!!! But, "we can do anything at all"....as in the song....OBVIOUSLY...& you've rocked the purple!!! Love your eclectic mix going in these pages.YUM!!

Sandra said...

You did purple really well, love all the fabulous detail on your pages.

Heather McMahon said...

I love what you've done with the purple! I don't like using it either but maybe I should think about it. This is sensational!